28 Feb World Book Day at Canonbury!
Join in with our World Book Day events!
On Thursday March 3rd we will be celebrating World Book Day 2016!
World Book Day has always been a great fun and exciting day in Canonbury’s school calendar, and we hope that this year will be just the same.
Events will be taking place throughout the week, such as a whole-school writing project to create two Canonbury Tales; a display of staff ‘Extreme Reading’ and exhibition of their ‘Shelfies’ (match the member of staff with their bookshelf!) All this will culminate in our Dress Up day on World Book Day.
Here are some of the activities we would love you and your child to be involved in:
Bring a pre-loved book to swap for someone else’s – there will be a table for adults to swap as well!
- Key Stage 1 and Parent Book Swap (Wednesday 2nd March, from 3.15, in the Cake Stall shelter)
- Key Stage 2 and Parent Book Swap (Thursday 3rd March, from 3.30, in the Cake Stall shelter)
Parents and carers are invited to share a book with your child in their classroom.
- Year 6 and Year 3 (Monday 29th 9.00-9.30)
- Year 5 and Reception (Tuesday 1st 9.00-9.30)
- Year 4 and Year 1 (Wednesday 2nd 9.00-9.30)
- Nursery and Year 2 (Thursday 3rd 9.00-9.30)
Bring £1 for children to dress up as their favourite character from a book – money raised will go to Book Aid International which sends brand new books to children’s libraries in sub-Saharan Africa.
Many thanks in advance for making World Book Day 2016 one to remember!
(English Subject Leader)