The Canonbury School Foundation is the school’s registered charity and was established in 1995 to raise funds for projects that enrich the lives of all the pupils.
The Canonbury School Foundation was set up in 1995 to help enrich the lives of Canonbury Primary School students and provide equipment and activities additional to what the schools budget would normally cover.
We fund a broad range of projects and aim to ensure that no child misses out on opportunities to grow and flourish during their time at Canonbury.
We raise money by running fundraising events, seeking contributions from parents and local businesses, and applying for grant funding.
The Foundation has funded or helped fund projects such as
● Fantastic new Canonbury village playground
● Extra school trips including residentials, see below for more information
● Extra music provision exclusive to Canonbury including provision and maintenance of a brass instrument for every child in years 5 and 6, and a recorder for every child in years 3 and 4.
● Hiring the Union Chapel for the bi-annual school concerts
● New percussion instruments across the school
● Trips to the London Symphony Orchestra
How you can help
● You can sign up to give regular donations or make a one-off donation through the Charities Aid Foundation here: https://cafdonate.cafonline.org/22263 – please do check the Gift Aid box if you are eligible!
● Or you can set up a direct debit or standing order through your own bank, which we can also claim Gift Aid on where permitted. Our bank details are: Canonbury School Foundation, Account number: 81442513, Sort code: 50-30-09
● Do your online shopping through Give as you Live, which donates to us a percentage of everything you buy, at no extra cost to you – sign up here https://www.giveasyoulive.com/join/canonbury
● Join in with our fundraising events such as the Christmas and Summer fairs, Run Kids Run, silent auctions and more
● Ask your employers: funding / partnering / give as you earn
● Spread the word do your neighbours friends or family want to help us
● Join the PTA or the Foundation! We always need help running events and if you have time or skills to offer, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your Class Rep to add you to the PTA Whatsapp group.
School residentials – Treginnis Farm and Condover Hall
Every child should have the opportunity to experience the world beyond their classroom. The school journeys that Canonbury offers provide the children with time to develop self-confidence, self-discipline, to improve their communication and team-working skills.
Each year, in partnership with the school, the Foundation ensures that no child misses out on these vital experiences by providing all necessary extra funding.
In Year 5, both classes spend a week living on a working farm in Wales. Treginnis Farm is run by the Michael Morpurgo Foundation ‘Farms for City Children’. The farm is set by the sea in a stunning location providing plenty of fresh air and hearty food. The children experience all aspects of farm life; early starts, feeding and caring for animals, the use of tools on the farm and even shovelling the mess! It is hands down the best experience any of them have ever had – just ask any current Year 6 pupil!
In Year 6 the children are lucky enough to visit Condover Hall, an Elizabethan mansion house refurbished in 2011 as an activity centre, and surrounded by acres of gardens to explore. Whilst there, they will have the opportunity to experience abseiling, archery, kayaking, an aerial trek and zip wire among many more exciting activities.
The Foundation is run by a committee of parent volunteers in conjunction with the headteacher, the chair of governors and the chair of the PTA committee.
We currently have 7 parent volunteers but the Constitution allows for a maximum of 8 so if you are interested in becoming involved do get in touch at email@example.com.